View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 09:50 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Hi Dale, I'd just keep plucking them off, and scouring the boards. I've been trying to pick up high number lots. Though only needing a handful of cards, it's been tough to locate them buried in lots for a fair price. Sadly, I just cant justify paying retail for the whole lot, mostly of which I do not need. Maybe I am going the way of the Dodo?

Also, grading fees and times have increased dramtically. I prefer to have my highs ( about 90% slabbed) and stars graded, and would submit nice commons at the $6 level. However the cheapest they may ever be is 8.50.

Has this helped the price of raw or graded commons? Picking up Vg lots at $5 per card, grading them, and having a card worth 13.50 after 10 months just doesn't do it for me. It's a losing proposition. What happens from here? Graded set collectors just give up? It just seems to be coming to a turning point.

I do have a decent lot of 50 to submit, and probably naother 50 which will just barely fit my set. I still need 230 graded, but at this point, aside from the ease factor in selling/pricing it seems like a fool's errand.
Oh, I will continue to look, Ted, but like I mentioned, the odds of me finding any/many has been severely reduced. I've noticed lately, reading Blowout, etc, that some are also seeing an increase in import duties so it's a gov't initiative that is being further enforced, imo, to collect taxes/stop people from purchasing items stateside.
I guess a way to avoid this would be for the sellers to stop marking the price of the contents on the outside of the shipping label, but not all want to do that for their own reasons and maybe some I don't understand? (insurance?)