View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 09:47 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Other important questions

There are many other things to consider before you begin and even after you are on your way. Is this collection for you to keep long term or is it something you are hoping to sell…. and if so at what point? You will have to decide graded and slabbed or raw…. and if graded, what service or services will you accept. In addition and maybe most importantly of all, what eye appeal are you seeking as well as what “condition” the cards should be in. Many a collector has started sets that ultimately were not making them happy as time went on with many cards needing to be upgraded. Even within each grade , some people really love centering ( like me) where others love those sharp corners. For some back damage isn’t important … even if it kills the technical grade. In closing I would go back to one of the more opinionated people ever involved with our great hobby ( and that’s saying a lot) …. Mr Mint Alan Rosen who stated years ago to always buy the very best you could afford and you will never be sorry. On this I’d say he was right on the money! Good luck and enjoy the chase!! Rock

Last edited by NiceDocter; 10-25-2021 at 09:49 AM. Reason: .