View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Congrats my man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
I'd been able to locate proof of the existence of every card in the E105 set except for one: Fred Jacklitsch. There were no records of it ever being sold at auction, and there were no records in the PSA or SGC population reports. I asked about it in this thread a few years ago (and subsequently found proof of O'Hara), and began to think that it might not exist.

Last November, an awesome fellow board member told me that he had talked with a dealer at a show. The dealer mentioned that he received an email from a guy who asked for advice on how to go about selling 5 different raw E105s, including Jacklitsch. I was able to email the dealer and ask about these cards, and he said that the seller was going to have them graded and submit them to an auction house. I kept an eye out for that grouping; they were just auctioned last week. I was able to pick up two that I needed, including the unicorn. I'm finally at the midway point: 25 of 50. I may never complete this set, but at least now I know that it is indeed possible.