View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 02:51 AM
ThreadKiller

many thanks, Robert, for identifying these cards - I've had these since the 1980's and have always been curious about their exact origin.

these are the only six cards I have (none of which appear to be the Japanese players included in the checklist you posted).

I also have the B&W postcard which features the American and Japanese players from the 1934 tour, as well as the color postcard which shows Babe Ruth batting during one of the games.

I appreciate the information but am not looking to part with them at this time, but will try to provide a larger scan to help identify the other players.

thanks again - D.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles View Post
This set was issued in two series of eight cards (packs A and B) and was sold at the stadiums during the 1934 US Major League All Star Tour of Japan.
Despite the fact that “All US Baseball Team” is printed on the boxes, some Japan team members are also included in the set. Moreover, some of the Americans in the set were not Tour participants. Each card is printed in black & white ink on white stock, and contains a player image, along with the player’s surname in Japanese. The cards are white bordered. Backs are blank.

I can read Japanese however the names on the scans are too small. If you can send a larger scan I can read the names for you. I would be interested in purchasing them if they are for sale. BTW, do you have the two Japanese players from this series as well?