View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Santa, I would like a Herman Germany Schaefer autograph for Christmas

A recent thread by member GrayGhost (Scott) in the Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions section titled "My top five dream hobby gifts" got me thinking about what dream item (white whale) I would covet most, and what that item would cost to purchase (if available).

That item would be a autograph/signature of Herman "Germany" Schaefer.

While a couple of "Prince Henry" signed items, and possibly equal number of team signed baseballs with his signature abound in the hobby, those are the only items I am aware of. (PS-I now see both Kevin Keating sold a cut in 2000, and Jim Stinson sold a narrow cut mounted with T205 card on a 3x5, also in 2000). Just wondering what a flat item (letter, document, signature cut) would set me back today, if one were to make itself available ? Are we talking $1000-$2000, or are we talking $5000-$10000 ?

I realize we are not talking about a ballplayer autograph with the universal recognition or demand that Babe Ruth generates, but curious as Germany Schaefer's on and off field antics has spawn fun story telling over the years, and with it some name recognition. Just wondering . . . And wishing (if Santa is monitoring this chat )

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 12-16-2021 at 12:27 PM.