View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 10:16 AM

Default Looking for Advice on Ty Cobb Autographs

Hello, I am in the market to make an autograph pickup and was targeting either Ty Cobb or maybe Roberto Clemente. I am leaning Cobb at this point and was hoping to get the input/expertise of some members on this board. I usually do most of my buying on ebay, which I know can be shaky at times.

My approach to this point has been to (1) target checks as I have always viewed checks as a bit "safer" / more official; (2) I compare the item against PSAs online exemplars where possible, and finally (3) buy something that has been either JSA/PSA authenticated.

I've been collecting autographs for almost 30 years at this point (since I was very young) so I'm not new to the market. I will not buy an authenticated item if I don't like the look of the signature, as I know they make mistakes. That said, I don't know a lot about Cobb Signatures, and I'm not 100% on any of the checks I am seeing on ebay. Does anyone have tips on what to look out for - for example is Cobb's wife known to have signed for him, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!