View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
It could definitely be slabbed as-is. But the main risk is in shipping it. It could split completely during its time in transit. You could probably protect it to some extent, but the risk is still there.

Aesthetically, it wouldn't look very nice inside the slab with most of it being separated. Plus, the flip will likely say "traced signature" or something to that extent. So if it were mine, I would professionally restore it, put it in a mylar sleeve, and mat/frame it with a great photo of the Babe.
Definitely the way to go here. There are next to no good reasons for paying the fees to have an enhanced autograph which is in nearly two pieces authenticated. It has to be something even more special, valuable and far less common than a Babe Ruth cut for this to make any sense given its condition. In the baseball realm, players such as Joe Jackson or any of the top tier HOFers (in terms of rarity) would make the cut. Babe, not so much. In terms of value, what is this item truly worth? Hard to pinpoint what exactly it would fetch at auction, but I'd venture under $500. The authentication fees, shipping & insurance to PSA both ways will be more than half its value. Remember, PSA's fee is the same regardless of the condition of your item.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 01-10-2022 at 12:20 PM.