View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Matthew Sears - are you out there?

Posted By: Joe P.

Your words:

"Does anyone know t216kotton (Matthew Sears)? I won a card from him a week ago and have gotten no invoice or response to emails.

edited to change title and add the following:"

item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5118507824&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

This message has been edited by runscott on Sep 7, 2004 1:54 PM
----------------------------------------
Scott, we're not talking a month.
Three weeks.
Two weeks.
You're talking one week - you're rounding up a posse and putting a bounty on him.

If that isn't being up tight, I don't know what is?

You're giving the guy a bad rap and image without knowing for sure. ... Is that hard to understand?

We didn't know that merklesboner won a card from a guy from the State of Washington, it could have been Florida. ... still, no reason to get your violin strings in an uproar.

I'm sure that other people have gone through a similar experience, I know that I have.
In my case after 3 or 4 weeks of sending e-mails to the seller for an invoice, I chalked it off as dealing with a deadbeat.
No sense bringing eBay into it, they're deadbeats also.

I don't know, at least I hope so, your situation might be different.
From what I'm reading Sears sounds legit, and there might be an unknown factor for the delay.

As for my being a low key - soft spoken mild mannered reporter.

I prefer that image not only in public, but by choice.

However, one must always remember the saying that "Still water runs deep."

Touch the wrong nerve, at the wrong time in public, and the still waters will become a Tidal Wave.

Amigo Scott, visualize if you will a tidal wave against someone that might not be on top of the subject matter being discussed.
Let's go one step further and go into the third dimensional aspects.
I'm not talking physical now, I'm talking getting rid of the luxury of the delay tape response.
The beauty of the eyeball to eyeball verbal debate is that there is no tape delay to think about your response.
You have to be on top of your game.
Only an inexperience debater would consider still water and serenity as a sign of weakness.

I hope you get your card, and Sears name be cleared.

Joe P.