View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Default My decreasing Monster number.

As of 6/16/2006 = my number was at 500.

As of 7/20/2012 = my number is at 92. Needless to say, I sold a few, many of them to people on this board.

I don't think I'll ever truly go back and try again, as some of what I sold, I'll never be able to reacquire. It sure was fun when I was actively buying.

At my peak, the 24 missing ranged from rare and/or expensive to inexpensive commons that for whatever reason, I never acquired. Only 5 missing were HOFers (2 Lajoie, McGraw, Plank, Wagner). No SLers missing. No back brands missing (except Cobb-brand). Though in low condition, I was happy with my ability to acquire as many different cards as I did.

Beginning Monster collectors -- be patient. It can (mostly) be done, especially if condition isn't a concern. Always buy the HOFers, SLers, rarities, tough backs, tough commons, etc. cheap when they show up. You may not get another chance (I missed out on a really crappy Magie 15 years ago and an extremely crappy Wagner about 25 years ago).

Best of luck to the collectors. Interesting thread.

Mike (18colt)

Last edited by Mike (18colt); 07-20-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: I misspelled "decreasing" in the title the first time. Sorry.