View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 03:36 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Well, now we know it does exist! I assume one of you guys bought it. Congrats!

Attachment 481896
Just documenting that there is at least one other copy out there with the F30 back. I have no idea who owns this card, but while with family for the holidays I found an old hard drive with some of my original card research and notes from the mid 2000's on boxing cards. This word file was last edited when I was 15 in 2006, when there was very little publicly available information on boxing cards and so I was doing it myself for my own check listing. It turns out the original Cloughan I noticed back then was a factory 30, so technically I confirmed it before the 649 even and then.... just forgot because I'm an idiot. It must have been more than the meager dollars I could put together back then, pretty sure it was not listed as an error.

Worst of all, this document has a log I apparently made of all my boxing bids from this time period. It is a little depressing to see my notations of just how little I paid for things, and the things I let go because I only had like $10 a week to spend on cards. Wasn't that long ago, but would love to still get Silvers for $3 a pop.

Most frustratingly I noted the sale of a "blank back Jack Johnson (Blue) T218 that appears to be cut from an advertising poster" but either didn't save the image, or that image has been corrupted on this old drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 14.28.38.jpg (76.5 KB, 35 views)