View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
Thank you very much, guys! One thing regarding being surprised about people chasing Canseco cards still ...

I am beyond fascinated with all of the little collecting niches that are around us. Not just in our hobby (it is amazing seeing people dedicate their lives to chasing one player) but in other hobbies as well.

I ran into a lady who has the world's 2nd largest eraser collection. She is on instagram and has all kinds of erasers of different shapes and sizes, molded into characters, etc. LOADS of them.

One of my son's best friends is HEAVY into pens. He will talk endlessly about the nib, the vacuum system, spring, ink, etc. I love this stuff so much! Not necessarily pens, but his interest and passion for them.
I used to collect Pete O'Brien cards. They were the only modern cards I still purchased after c1990 and would scour ebay daily for them. It's probably been ten years since I even looked for his cards. I think I have probably 300 unique cards from the career of an average player who played from 1982 to 1993. I can't imagine attempting to collect a player who has more than ten times that amount of unique cards out there with new cards being produced all the time. I would never even attempt to try to collect every card of a player who started his career in the last ten years. It would be life consuming I would think.