View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Fred

The Puds have a new GM and he realizes that you need to score more runs than the opposition to win games. Petco has been challenging to RH power hitters, so what's the new GM do? He picks up nothing but RH power hitters... It's a vast improvement over what they had so if Kemp isn't hurt too often and Wil Myers improves over last year then they have a good chance to score some runs. Upton should be a good addition. Defense should be intersting. That ballpark is pretty big and I'm not sure just how much ground those guys will cover. There are no gold gloves in the new OF.

Wow, Norris and Middlebrooks also picked up. This should be interesting. They have too many OFs and now they'll have to probably deal a few or move someone from OF to 1B because Yonder (No HR) Alonso has only 22 HRs in 1150 at bats while playing for the Puds. That just doesn't cut it for a corner IF without offering something else like BA or RBIs.

Overall, at least they seem more committed to improve for 2015 than they have in more years than I can remember.

Last edited by Fred; 12-19-2014 at 05:37 PM.