View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 12:56 PM
Wayne V

Default 4th card perforated only

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballsun View Post
Cards that were only on one box are called single prints. The 1962 Post Cereal set was produced in very great numbers. I don't think there are any single prints in that set.
As I said before, the cards on the back of the grape nuts box are rare. But those players card were also printed on several other boxes. Master set collectors need to know all the variations in printing, and they can tell which box a card was printed on. I think there are 546 variations in that set, or something like that. That is why so few people try to put master sets together. I haven't done one myself.
In the 1961 set, many people collect both the company perforated cards and the box cards. There are 40 cards, I believe, that were only on boxes. There were 160 different perforated cards. I can think of 3 cards that were only on the perforated sheets. There may be more. Generally, the most expensive cards in the set are 2 of these, #93 Chuck Stobbs and #73 Chuck Estrada. The other card that I can think of is #106 Ed Matthews.
You do see complete Post Cereal boxes on eBay from time to time, I guess they average going for around $1000 from time to time. Of course, it will depend on condition and who is on the box.
The 4th card that only came from a perforated sheet was #5, Bob Turley.
Also, I have the wrong number for Chuck Stobbs. He is #94, not #93. Sorry, my bad.