View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Default Zeenut size variance question

Posted By: Todd Schultz

thanks for the post. I'm glad your Wright seems to look just like mine.

I do worry about trimming-- I couldn't care less if it measures short so long as it is not trimmed. As I said, though, it appears as if mine is slightly short on top and correct on bottom, i.e., not square. This too would not bother me it were commonly encountered, although I have a tough time envisioning a printing/cutting process where this could occur "naturally".

I hate trimmed cards, regardless of what I paid for them. I could see buying one or two for educational purposes if it were disclosed as trimmed, was rare, looked nice, and the price was a song. Issues that are generally hand-cut are acceptable to me too. But taking what was probably an ex card and trimmming it to make it look nm is an abomination in my eyes.

I'm not sure what you meant in stating that Zeenuts should be left to "true collectors". I am a collector, not an investor. I collect types. Grades generally don't interest me, but I want my cards authentic and unaltered. It might be different if I were collecting the set--take a trim job and upgrade later.

If you're saying that these cards can come in all shapes and sizes, that's good to know. My intial post was intended for future use when these come up for bid. As for this one, if it's trimmed, consider it for sale.