View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage connection in today's game

Posted By: jay behrens

It just dawned on me that the two players with the best Yankees memoribilia collections, David Wells and Curt Shilling, are on the Red Sox. For those that don't know, Wells has collects Ruth items and Schilling has a nice Gehrig collection.

Schilling bought all my Gehrig wire service phots had. I got to know him playing EverQuest. Had no clue who he was until we started talking baseball one day in game. When Ia sked what his favorite team was, he said it was the Diamondbacks. I said no way, there is no such thing and asked him why. He said he played for them. I asked if he was in the farm system and he just laughed and said he ahdn't been in the minors for over ten years. When told me who he was, I didn't believe him. Sort of jokingly told that if he really was who he said he was that he should me tickets when they play the Giants in SF. Sure enough, I went to will call and there were 2 tickets there for me. That's probably my strangest brush with fame. He said that not only he, but Doug Glanville and a couple of other former Phillies players all played EverQuest.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.