View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:25 PM

I’d probably have to go with Byron McLaughlin, just because his prices for a signature are usually higher than Chiles or Wright. Wright may it be a great signer, but from stuff I’ve read on this forum and other places, he sometimes gives on Non-1987 Topps items.

Ask yourself where and how you’re supposed to find Byron McLaughlin and what he looks like. I’d even argue make the case he’s more scarce than Dr. Mike was. Dr. Mike did a show I saw years ago, albeit for eye popping prices, but consider the source.

It seems like every set has a toughie, just about. I’m also not terribly fond of the 1978 Topps set, as my personal favorites from the decade are the 1972 and 1973 sets. However, as of this post, I have at least one card signed in every Topps set between 1952 through 1992.

I view the 1978 set as okay, nothing special. I’m not terribly fond of the 1975 set, as the color schemes and design are a bit loud for me. Not to mention that, with few exceptions, I’m not fond of facsimile signatures on cards. To me, the worst set design of the decade is the 1977 set.