Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:04 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks so much, guys.

FWIW, it doesn't get any better than Katz's or the 2nd Ave Deli for me. I think I prefer the former most days because of it's proximity to my local subway, but I'm not super picky. Either way, the matzoh ball soup is an absolute delight in either place, as is the corned beef. I will, however, put 2nd Ave's kasha varnishkes ahead of anyone else's. Anywhere. Any grandmother's. There, I said it.

Anywho, I thought it was worth bringing up that some of the Negro League color studies I've been doing over the past few years will be appearing in a show in Peekskill, NY starting this coming Saturday, 11/3.

The show will be in conjunction with Andrew Aronstein and TCMA, who will be showing off a bunch of their gorgeous baseball photographs from the '30s, all of which were shot by working press photographers on assignment for The Sun. The clarity of which, are pristine as all hell.

They're going to be offering up postcard sets of their holdings, as well as my studies from the event, and I think they already look pretty rad:

Some of the sets of my work will also be available for purchase here:

https://negroleagueshistory.com/shop...ard-set-of-15/

I think there's a limit as to what can be bought before the show, but I could be wrong. It's my understanding though that there will only be 150 sets made. If anyone wants to know for sure, I can check with the powers-that-be to make sure.

Anywho, for those of you in the area, the show itself will be at:

Kurzhals Coffee
900 Main Street
Peekskill, New York 10566

I think it'll be up for a few months, but I'll be there that Saturday (11/3) from 11-3 if any of y'all locals wanna come by and throw tomatoes at me.

G

Last edited by GKreindler; 10-29-2018 at 03:05 PM.