View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:55 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

There were a lot of people who didn't like it, and I'm one of them, however, we all have to give credit to the show promoter for trying something new during this difficult time.

I was having audio problems on Friday. The dealers who were doing live shows sounded like drunk robots:

Heeeeeeeeelllloooooooo, eeeeeeeevverrrrrrryyyyybbbbbooooodddddyyyyyy RRRRRRR .....

However, when I logged in on Saturday, everything was fine. The problem just corrected itself - weird.

I did manage to see some of Jim's show on Saturday and it was great. I saw when Mark pointed out to the seat of his crashed plane (not sure how the hell he managed to get his hands on it) and how Bill Barilko's body had been found there! That was very freaky!

There were quite a few dealers who didn't attend, and this includes Platinum Promotions, Martin Sports, Top Notch, etc. These guys have lots of vintage cards, so with them being absent, well, it really sucked for vintage card collectors like myself.

On Friday, a post was being made every second, but the following day, I saw that things had slowed down and posts were being made every few minutes instead. This means that a large percentage of people who logged in on Friday did not come back on Saturday, and I'm not surprised! Also, almost every post being made was for a modern card:

Hi, does anyone have a SPX Triple Purple Shield Platinum Rainbow Conner McDavid?

Hi, anyone have any Kobes?

Any LeBrons?

I was one of the few looking for vintage cards, and nope, I did not get any that I wanted. There was one guy who offered me his ugly PSA 1 with paper-loss, but I passed.