View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 12:17 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthegum View Post
Thanks! BBCE had 7-8 of them a few weeks ago and I managed to snag the last one. They went fast. 74-75 was the first hockey set I collected as a kid so it was purely a nostalgia purchase. I remember needing only Phil Esposito to complete it. Being in Bruins country during the peak of the Orr/Espo years that drove me nuts because nobody would trade me one! I never did get it and sold off the partial set (along with all the other cards I collected as a kid) at a yard sale a few years later.
Great nostalgia pick up, and story. I lived in California in '71 until early '73. My first hockey card came out of a card vending machine at a 7-11, a 72/73 Topps, pretty sure it was a Golden Seal. I was eight and already a hockey fan due to the NBC broadcasts. Seemed like the Bruin were always on TV, so they were my first favorite team. We moved to Arkansas in early '73 and I never saw another hockey card until 1984. Pretty sure I was the only kid in my small Arkansas town that had a stick and puck. Have you rebuilt the set? Seems like a must haha.