Thread: Q: Press Plates
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:14 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Printing Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I have one card/plate from 62, and a couple printing blocks from a postcard set. But that's about it.

They'd typically be recycled, since it's a coated aluminum sheet. At the shop I used the small ones as dustpans then put them back in the recycling stack. If we'd ever done cards I'd have kept them.

Many of the new ones aren't even really the printing plates. Just aluminum cards made the same way as plates would be.

Steve B
Steve,

To me it seems a bit odd that most of the one's I see are from '62; maybe someone, back in the day, took them after the process was complete. What plate do you have for the '62? Also, how many of the plates would there have been of a single card? I know you'd have the front and the back, but I'd assume you'd have all the different colors as well; is that correct?

So, do the newer/shiny cards even use plates anymore? If not, why do they market them as the printing plates?

Thanks for the information; I was just curious since I ran across my '62 plate of Brooks when I was organizing some stuff. I'm "trying" to become more organized.