View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Frank Wakefield

From the other side of the coin....

I bid something in at say $120 and I think I've gotten a great deal, I instantly pay... only to get a message a day later saying "sorry, I can't find that card anywhere... ." I've gotten that several times. Mostly, I believe them. A couple of times I've wondered if they got a message right after the listing ends saying that someone meant to bid$350.... and the card is then bought out from under me.

Another annoyance is what I consider hostage feedback. Once I've paid and provided an address, I've done all that I must do, the seller should enter feedback. For a seller to say he'll leave feedback after I have seems BS to me.

Absent a good reason to the contrary, a buyer should honor his offers. I agree with that sentiment.

One more thing. Whales. The BIG bidder/buyers will sometimes win something along with other stuff, the pass on the something and only pay for the other stuff. The Auction guys allow that, so as not to piss off the Whale. Fine if you had consigned 'other stuff', not fine if you had consigned the 'something'. Also, I've had Auction houses mention a delay in settling up with me because something I sold was bought by a Whale, who just hadn't gotten around to paying yet. Whales get to pay late; some Auction guys allow that to get more commission on sales. And because they want the Whales to return for the next auction.