View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Dave

It's easy to name popular bands, artists you don't like for a thread such as this.

It's much harder to name something you DO like, that isn't necessarily the popular choice among the masses/critics/etc..

I see Duran Duran mentioned a lot in this thread.............but they've seemed to gain more retrospective support through the years, then a lot of people seem to realize. So it's really not as "unpopular" as you might think, to declare you think they were pretty great.

For example, who here likes "Nickleback"? I don't. I don't think I ever did, but then my daughter accused me of owning a couple of "Nickleback" CD's. I denied it. Then she dug through my old collection of CD's and found two of them. I promptly blamed it on my wife, LOL! Then I thought.......maybe I DID like "Nickleback" at one time.....and I repressed it, deep deep down.

Also have a couple "CREED" Cd's, I'm not particularly proud of.

In addition to my previous actual support of "Blind Melon", let me add "Stone Temple Pilots". Of the West Coast "grunge" type bands of the early 90's, they are generally accused of being "pretenders" of the era nowadays. I don't know if it's simply because they are a California band and not a Seattle area band, or if people simply don't like them anymore.

"The Big Empty" (from The Crow soundtrack), is still one of my favorite songs of all time, and I thought they had several solid albums throughout the years. Generally considered sacrilege, but I preferred them, to other more highly revered contemporaries of the era, such as "Soundgarden" and "Alice In Chains".