View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post

Sublime - Best known for "Santeria", "What I Got", "Wrong Way" and others. Lead singer Bradley Nowell died of an overdose in 1996. Retrospectively, critics and alternative radio stations seem to love this band. Credited with being innovators of the California beach, reggae, ska scene of the 1990's. Didn't become popular at all until after their lead singer died..............and then..........became............HUGE. To this day you can't avoid their music for more then a couple hours on certain types of radio stations.

They are like fingernails on a chalk board to me, LOL. Comes across as a cheap Bob Marley wannabe beach bar band. Repetitious, droning, and full of itself. All of the songs in their limited library sounds the same to me. Lots of people still like them. I can't seem to avoid an episode of PTSD every time I hear snippet of one of their songs, and flash back to driving a UPS truck, listening to one of the 3 stations I can get on my little radio, and "What I Got" comes on for the 27th time (or was it one of the other songs, and I just couldn't tell the difference), during that long day of delivering packages.

Their version of "smoke two joints " has always seemed unrealistically fast paced to me. And I don't even smoke.