View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Just wanted to throw out some info for anyone who collects TTMs.

You may want to check out this website. thebenchtrading.com

No membership/account needed and even if you want to join...its free.

On the top of the website in the yellow bar is the "forum" prompt. If you click on that it will take you to all the forums on the site. Scroll down and you will see an autograph section with 4 forums. Under the Addresses forum are threads and threads with a sticky that may have an address you're looking for. You can also use the "search" function to search previous threads for a certain athlete.

For Net54 members who send cards in the mail for TTMs and don't want the card to get damaged, here is a neat trick I have used in the past. Instead of sending a card "bare" in an envelope, I took a top loader and inserted a piece of sheet metal into the toploader. Next I took a razor and cut out a "window" on one side where I wanted the autographer to sign the card. Then I put a piece of masking tape above/below the window with a message like "Please autograph below/above". The autographer never had to remove the card from the toploader & I never had to worry about my card getting damaged in the mail.

My first TTM was Andre Dawson. I had heard that he also collected cards, so when I sent him a card to autograph, I also enclosed an extra card for him to keep for himself. A short letter wishing him luck getting into the HOF and a small donation to the children's charity that he sponsored and 4 days later I received my autographed card back from him & he wrote me a hand-written letter thanking me. He also said that he would be happy to autograph anything else I wanted autographed for free. This left such an impression on me that I thought I would share the story.

Jantz

You can also you sportscardforum.com

http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php?do=list&sp=2