View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default Non-Ebay Auction Strategy

Posted By: Al Simeone

Barry,
Not a problem at all. My intent wasnot to start a war about auction houses and running up items it was about the context of this post Strategy. Maybe I also should clarify my position also. Its not that I dont trust all I will re phrase and say I dont trust most. Having just completed a large sale of a part of my collection in the REA auction when I called Rob to handle it its was not because I made a quick decision I based my decision on "trust". In my opinion I watched Rob "grow up" so to speak as a person with character who is trying to do the right thing as moving forward in an attempt to clean up this industry so to speak. I.E. honest auto bid , and just going out there and showing that HIS company is at least trying to make a difference. I had alot to lose also as my sale reached into the mid 5 figure area. Might have I gotten more out of my items from another auction house (maybe) I may never know but based on MY principals I felt he was the right house and person to handle my items. You (Barry) also seem (in my opinion) to be a man of up standing character based upon what I have read in many of the posts and how many of the people on this board hold you in how they think of you.
But as you know you have to earn that trust it doesnt come over night.Now "not knowing you from adam" I might take awhile for me to trust you. But based on what I have read and seeing how people think of you If I had a large card collection in pre war I would probably consider you to handle it Based on MY principals. Sorry I touched a nerve with you but in the same token you touched a nerve with me .As Peter Cs Post about First ammendment DA DA DA went out of control and ended up going on about songs anyone who knows me will tell you there is one good song in there It goes "AND I DONT BACK DOWN AND I STAND MY GROUND"