View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 09:23 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
Topps did an internal test of 1971 cards with a high gloss (Topps Vault even sold some, they had finished backs) so a 1975 test would not surprise me, either of the gloss or card stock. I can't find any reference to the 75's but it's not surprising. Those are really nice oddball pieces IMO.
I don't remember seeing those 71's before. I also have a 1972 3rd series football card with a blank front and a high gloss bright white back like this too, that nobody seems to recognize and is probably also an internal test that became a released test set.

Interesting they did a run like this in 1975, the same year Topps did the Mini's and were trying to see if they could (presumably) sell people less card for their money instead of offer a better product.

Some Topps tests sets are tough and absurdly expensive, others are so tough they aren't even catalogued anywhere but are worthless. I prefer the later here .

Would be interested in seeing any other subjects people might have of this presumably never put into production internal test.