Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 06:56 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

T220 silver is the most aesthetically pleasing boxing or T card set, with the exception of the T9's, in my biased book. The Turkey Red's are just so big with such nice lithography they kind of win by default. The T220 Silver's are so bright in hand, and with those gorgeous outdoor poses, that I like them even better than the T218's.

I'm hard pressed to think of another ATC/American Lithography issue that had a "parallel" type set. T68 Heroes of History had it's second series printed with a normal Pan handle back and one that is entirely Silver, the same effect as the T220's but on the back. Pretty weird choice, but that's as close as I can think of.

I think the T220 set was probably 2 separate releases instead of 1 simultaneous set with a parallel (Donovan and Coburn design changes), with the Silvers printed and issued before the white borders that added another sheet of cards with a mostly-different pose design ("solid color backdrop behind a boxing ring" vs. "outdoors in a forest/jungle/small town"). Desperate for a Corbett to finish this set and patch the empty gap. The White Border's are a great buy still, I think. A complete set is still pretty cheap, and hopefully stays that way long term