View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Default Bob P - please get your facts straight

Posted By: Todd Schultz

in response to someone's claim about certain folks being extremist, you came up with this well- balanced, even better reasoned gem:

"face it: if not for the wealthy class that enjoys horseracing (a dying 'sport' as we all know as based on attendance at horsetracks), people would view proponents much the way they view the lowlifes from the Ozarks that live in double wide trailers and train cocks for fighting. Give me all of your useless propaganda/drivel all you want, but it falls on deaf ears to most civilized members of society today."

You wanna stand on that? Most non-wealthy civilized people equate horse racing to cock-fighting?
I don't see it, but maybe the point is so obvious that to disagree is to just show ignorance, and to find arrogance in such a comment is to just show my jealousy. Yep, it's all me, well me and the folks that live in this podunk sixth largest city in the US.

Now c'mon, a couple more zingers about how I loathe living in your shadow, my life sucks and such other quips as show about the same amount of insightfulness and maturity as your above-quoted missive to the great unwashed.