View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 11:33 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

While I have favored a right to abortion personally (I must concede the increasing push for "after-birth abortion" that appears to be simply first degree murder and my states radical legislation makes me start to re-examine some of my thinking on having limits), I am unable to figure how the 14th amendment provides an unlimited right to abortion through a certain trimester. Try as I might, as I have read it over and over again through my life, I am never able to find this in the document whatsoever. This certainly would be absolutely shocking to its authors. Many on the left have recognized over the last five decades that this ruling was not exactly on solid ground, to say the least. The Supreme Court's 2022 ruling that this issue defaults to the states and the people under the 10th amendment does not appear to be a random decision by five assholes, but a 6-3 ruling to actually use the document they are supposed to be using, as was the decision around the same time that the 2nd cannot be ignored. They have ignored this document many times, such as to allow the internment, but Dobbs is not an example of this. One should never mistake something they don't like with being wrong.