View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 03:49 PM
Scott S

Jesse Burkett is in my 1922 panoramic as well, though I'm not 100% sure which one he is. I'll see if I can ID him and post a better picture.

Edit: This Christies auction link will show a good zoom on my pic. Mine actually is trimmed a bit on both ends as well, so this will be a better reference than mine to see all of the players.

This is a Boston Post newspaper article from the day, detailing the Old Timers game and listing all of the players who appeared:
================================

Baseball stars of the past, coming from all parts of the country, have begun to drift in tor the Boston Post's Old Timers' game, which is to be played at Braves Field tomorrow afternoon starting at 3 o'clock.

Among the early arrivals were Cy Young, "Kid" Nichols, Jimmy Archer, Bobby Lowe, Al Selbach, Bill Bradley, Tom Tucker, "Nap" Lajoie. Others came in during the night and the whole bunch, numbering more than 50, will be on hand before tomorrow noon.

The fun at Braves Field will begin about 1:00 with the band concert. There will be a march to the flagpole by the "Old Timers," "each of whom will be numbered tor Identification.

Upon their return each will be presented a souvenir medal. Gov. Cox making the presentation to the old National League players and Mayor Curley to the American Leaguers.

Fred Tenney will manage the Natlonal League team,which will include: Kid Nichols, Jack Chesbro, Ted Lewis and Klobedanz, pitchers; Billy Merritt, Jimmie Archer and Bill Bergin, catchers; Fred Tenney and Tom Tucker, first base; Larry Lajoie and Johnnie Evers and Bill Sweeney , second base; Bobbie Lowe and Bill Bradley, third base; Paul Radford and Connaughton, shortstop; Patsy Donovan, Jimmie Bannon, Jesse Burkett, Billy Hamilton, John Anderson. outfielders.

Jimmy Collins' roster wilt be made up as follows: Cy Young, Jesse Tannehill, Bill Dineen, Ray Collins and Buck O'Brien. pitchers: Blll Carrigan. Charlie Farrell, Tommy Madden and Fred Lake, catchers: Candy LaChance and Harry Davis. first base; Jack Barry and Dave Shean, second base; Jimmy Collins and Harry Lord, third base: Fred Parent and Heinie Wagner, shortstop; Pat Doherty, Dannie Murphy. Olaf Henriksen, Clyde Engle and Jack Hoey, outfielders.

Last edited by scooter729; 04-26-2021 at 03:53 PM.