View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 02:01 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natswin2019 View Post
Won these two in an auction last night. Very very excited as Ive been trying to get my hands on some decent low grade copies for a while.
Nice stuff. I think I'm starting to come full circle with low grade. It's where I started out as a kid, partially because that was all I could afford - but also partially because in general, that's what was available. Makes you wonder sometimes about all these PSA 8 and higher vintage cards you see today. Walking into a shop in the 1980's, it was NOT the norm to see pack fresh cards from the 1950's in the case. I digress.

I moved from low grade vintage as a kid, to mid- and even high grade as an adult collector at some point when I had the means. But lately I have realized that I think I'm just as happy with VG and even worse range cards. I have had my phase where the hobby was about money and grading. But now I'm ready for it to be about the players and the cards again, and I think I'm just done with all the hoopla beyond that. As long as a card is in LG ("Looks Good") to me condition - that's really all the effort I sometimes feel like putting out anymore. Oh yeah, this can be a way to help out your wallet as well!

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-13-2021 at 02:04 PM.