View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Chris or Brandon. Fascinating thread, and obviously stuff was removed below the ball logo. But, how do you know its not the 1970-3 one on left? Unless I can't see, how would you know it wasn't that one, of the two Feeney examples?

I also don't like the sig anyways, but what am I missing?
Okay a couple things, you guys really need to look at the two baseballs, the logo on the left baseball (70-73) is smaller, the stitching design is different, the "Cushioned Cork Center" writing is smaller, a different font, and tighter to the Splading circle. The "Reg in US Pat Off" doesn't have a period after it. If you REALLY look you should see the difference. There's no way the forged ball is the early model ball. If you had the two in hand you would definitely see a difference. If not, I guess that's why I'm writing the book and you're not lol

As for the authenticators not doing their research in the balls themselves, I think it's just because there was never any reference to do so, in reality I've recently just popped up as the guy to go to, and once my book is out I'm sure all of them will have a copy as a reference guide. Maybe I need to get my name out there more to these guys and start making a buck or two helping them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NL_1974_1976_FEENEY.jpg (33.6 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by BrandonG; 05-02-2012 at 12:40 PM.