View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Maybe Sipe can explain to us why he and Gryder authenticated the Roberto Clemente signature on that baseball.

Whoever penned that Roberto Clemente spent approximately thirty-minutes penning it. Coach's Corner variety Clemente.

The moment I saw that auction on Ebay and clicked on the photograph of the Clemente signature on that baseball, I knew immediately it wasn't authentic, but somehow, under close examination by you and Gryder, the both of you determined it was authentic. Seriously?

Attachment 62507
The signature on that ball looks like it was sooooo slowly written. It looks like the writer squeezed the pen and pressed it hard against the ball, agonizingly drawing each letter. It is just awful.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow