View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 03:13 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri17 View Post
Mark was kind enough to encourage me to post something from Campy/Rudi/Swingin' A's after my response to his original post. The Orioles and A's hooked up in a couple of classic playoff series as Mark noted near the end of Brooks' career, as represented by one of the programs shown. I have several older, "nicer" Brooks cards, but I included the one below as it is simply one of my favorite cards ever. I love the earlier Kellogg's issues and other oddball, as noted by the inclusion of the Hostess with Campy, but Rose as well. And Rudi up against the wall, well, I just had to haha. Thanks to Mark for encouraging me to add something not completely O's based. Loving this thread and look forward to seeing more.
Rob,

This is exactly what I was taking about. I’m a baseball fan at heart and get enjoyment out of not only seeing others collections, but the memories that go along with it. I probably didn’t word it as well as I should have in my original post, but didn’t just desire to see Brooks and the Orioles, but pretty much anything related (like the A’s) and players of that era and teams they played, etc. I do appreciate you posting and I hope to see more. I’m a fan of the A’s players back in the day as well. That snow cone catch was AMAZING! Hey, as long as no one mentions the Ron Swoboda catch I think we’ll be alright.

Nice Kellogg’s and Hostess panel!