View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
This Hal Chase comes from the Tom Barker Game Card set. Chase is the only player that has different cards between the National Game and Tom Barker issues. His cards in the sets help determine that the National Game issue was issued before the Tom Barker cards. Tomorrow I will show the National Game (he happens to be pictured on a different team).
And you thought tomorrow would never come. Here is the National Game card of Hal Chase (wearing white uniform). Hal was traded from the New York Yankees to the Chicago White Sox on June 1st, 1913. Although both cards have a patent date of 1913, since the National Game issue pictures him as a Yankee, and the Tom Barker wearing a White Sox uniform, the National Game set was undoubtedly issued before the Tom Barker set.

I personally like the look (black uniform provides great contrast, great pose) of his Tom Barker card better, but both are pretty cool.

I am showing the Tom Barker version again not only as a reminder, but also to benefit mankind as well.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nationalchase.jpg (70.0 KB, 464 views)
File Type: jpg barkerchase.jpg (61.2 KB, 456 views)