View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 12:37 PM
Ian H@ll

Default Brooks

I've been making a lot of progress on my Brooks Robinson set. First up is a card that isn't really part of a 'Basic' set. A fellow net54 member had this available, and I couldn't pass it up. This card doesn't come up for sale very often...in any condition. It's centered better than most, and it doesn't have the usual missing paper on the reverse. A few stray pen marks don't bother me too much.

Next, is an upgrade. I had a PSA 8 of this card. The image quality on this PSA 9 is crazy. Scan doesn't really do it justice.

Anyone who has ever worked on the 67 Topps set knows what an absolute bear the high series can be. They aren't on the level of the 1952's (obviously), but the same problem exists. Demand ALWAYS exceeds supply. Brooks Robinson has 24 regular issue cards (57 - 78 Topps; 60 Leaf; 63 Fleer). His RC is the most expensive, and THIS card is next on that list. I was thrilled to win this one a couple weeks ago.

You ever see a card auction during a search and know, right away, that you're going to bid more than anyone else and win that card? There's some wax on the back that has dropped the technical grade, but this might be the best example of 'Buy the card...NOT the holder' in my collection. One of the nicest PSA 2's I've seen.