View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 09:12 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
Yeah, I know, but it will not be chopped up in any case... I was just speculating to get a thread going. Incidentally, I think actually it was a sales promo item, not part of a full printing sheet, since the top and left side borders are much wider than would be found had it been cut from a larger sheet.
It's interesting that the two other blocks of 25 shown in the other thread also have wide margins that are opposite of what would be expected.

A few ideas..

The sheets once had wide margins, AND wide gutters in between panels of 25 but the wide margins had been removed.
or
The sheets were set up using 4 panels of 25 cards, arranged as if they would be in number order on the complete sheet, but for the high numbers they were placed slightly out of order. maybe to make the collation more random?
or
these are slightly cut down final stage proofs of each block of 25 and not actual production cards.(and maybe used as a point of sale display or part of one?

I don't know if the 100 card sheets were doubled on the actual sheet that went through the press like the 132 card sheets were. If they were, it's possible the left and right sheets had different sequences like many 132 card sheets.