View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:03 AM

I'll be setting up at the National if they have it in July. Just like I've done for the local card shows here, I'll be wearing a mask. I wore a double mask at my first post-covid show in April despite having been fully vaccinated for more than 5 weeks, but switched to a single mask this past weekend. The double mask proved extremely difficult and counterproductive over an 8 hour show. As I talked the surgical mask would move down and the cloth mask up. This resulted in my constantly fiddling with my masks and even needing to briefly remove them to fix them. Since my masks are intended to prevent me from asymptomatically transmitting to someone who is not vaccinated, I felt comfortable that the single mask would be fine this time (as vaccinated transmittal rate is so low, and transmittal rate with a surgical mask is so low, so the compounding factors mean wearing even a single mask gives a really really low chance of that happening).

I will not harass customers at my table who don't wear a mask and I won't take kindly to people at the National who harass me about wearing mine.

Thanks to all in this thread who have some science literacy, it makes this former teacher happy.