Thread: May Pickups...
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 12:53 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF123 View Post
Nice card! Must be nice to have a good LCS. You'd think a major city like Chicago would have something, but the only one near me that I found was full of shiny stuff and Pokemon, with only one box of (unpriced) '60s and '70s cards. I picked out a small stack, and the owner started looking them up online one by one. He came back with a price that was like 2-3x what I was anticipating. Have not been back.
Thanks, in reality it's a blessing and a curse because this LCS is literally TWO MINUTES away from my front door. I have to drive by the shopping center it's in (also where we shop for groceries...) multiple times per week even if I have no business buying more baseball cards. As you might imagine, that's often a losing battle.

What's worse is as good as this shop is, there's an even better one 30 minutes away. This is what I get finally after complaining literally for a decade that the card shops were all gone. Oy.

I know what you mean about out of touch owners. Luckily my guy here is not that way. Things haven't been super cheap lately with the boom, but they are at least reasonable for a card shop and not having to pay shipping, and being able to walk out the door with whatever you want instead of waiting a week or 10 days for it to show in your mailbox.

Last edited by jchcollins; 05-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.