View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 12:03 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Just a word of caution. It seems there are all kinds of fly by night "promoters" running private signings these days. A trend I've noticed lately is for these signings to take place by mail, meaning the items are mailed to the athlete and nobody is actually there with them to ensure items are signed in the correct spot, with the correct pen (or a pen that is writing well), not smudged or for that matter, signed by the athlete at all. I'm not a fan of every in-person collector who is bored with no games to go to suddenly thinking they are qualified to run signings, because to do it correctly requires more work than I think some people realize and/or are willing to put in. There are a handful of people that have done signings for a long time and are well established, but it seems every day there's another guy popping out of the woodwork trying to get $5-10 a pop for some 80s journeyman or current minor leaguer. So if this materializes here, be careful when deciding who to send to and what items to send because there is a varying level of risk involved.

Last edited by dgo71; 09-18-2020 at 12:04 PM.