Thread: 2022 hof
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 07:00 AM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
Jeff-I didn't want to out you as the owner of the Redding, I remember that sitting on eBay for a long time and glad it went to a true collector. I also remember the Vic Harris ball on Ebay sitting out there forever-weird that he "lost" it.

Jamie-Nice pickup on the Manley, you probably will never see a cheaper one ever sold again at auction like this (although I have seen signed books slip through the cracks for under $100).

There WAS a Josh Donaldson signed baseball with no COA (but looked legit) for a while on eBay for $99k, than reduced to $65k. I see seller took it down recently and don't see that it actually sold.

For reference, here is my Harris that I picked up this past summer. To me, he and Redding are no-brainers, but what do I know.

I appreciate that!

I'm not sure what happened on the Harris ball, but it was up there forever and I won it long before the recent announcements, so I hope he was being honest.

That's a beautiful check!

I'm with you on the Redding and Harris. When I first realized Harris was not in the Hall, he was the singular biggest surprise for me. Unlike with players where it is not always easy to assess where they rank amongst other players, Harris's overwhelming number of championships seems like it should be an easy, single 'stat' to warrant induction.