Thread: AH's at 20%
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:07 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
As a bidder it won't matter much because I factor it in (I like it better when the AH shows how much it will affect the final price when you place a bid instead of having to figure it out myself).

As a seller I think I would stay away from high BP auction houses. Because the bidders are factoring that in. So they may bid $1000 on an item that I could have sold for $1100 by myself because they know they will still have to pay $1200. The AH then even gets to advertise that the item sold for $1200 and they get "higher prices realized", but the cosigner only saw $1000 of that and that is before any type of cosigner fee (if there are some).
The AH % has to come from somewhere.....Every person I know factors it in...
I don't understand quoting me there.

I understand the AH has to get paid, I didn't say anything against that. I also said it needs to be factored in.

Up until my comment though, people were only talking about the BP affecting them as a buyer. I was pointing out that as a seller you should factor in the BP more than as a buyer when dealing with an AH. The seller is the one getting less for their material. Whereas the buyer is paying the same amount and they don't care who is getting what percentage of that money.