View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 10:45 PM

Default thanks Rob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Really like that sign, Carlton!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cor...72.m2749.l2649
Thanks Rob...It was an unheard of kind of piece...especially being die cut and all...so I felt I had to get it...But when you're dropping serious coin on something you've never seen an example of before...going just on the listing photo...you never really know how it will look in person till you get it...Had I seen it hanging in an antiques store or show it would have been an easy green light...I got it hung up tonight using old school brass sash chain...not cheap stuff...$2.99 a foot for the chain...And now that it's up I'm very glad I pulled the trigger...I'm always curious where stuff comes from and asked the seller...said it came out of Minnesota...his reply below:

Your sign is packed very well and will be in it’s way tomorrow. I purchased the sign from a small engine / boat dealer in west Central Minnesota - he closed his shop a few years ago but had been in business since the 1960’s - he started in boats / motors but converted to motorcycles, chainsaws, lawnmowers in the 1980’s - and small engine repair. Thanks again Carlton - hope you enjoy the sign as much as I did!

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 02-12-2020 at 11:12 AM.