View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 PM

Default Looking for honest opinions on Legendary's T-206 Eddie Plank

I won the Eddie Plank in tonight's Legendary Auction, and I was hoping for a bit of feedback from the most educated vintage card guys in the hobby.....Net54.

First of all, I don't want this thread to be about Legendary/Mastro and any past Mastro indiscretions or future potential Legendary indiscretions. I know many people won't agree with me, and feel the company is the same as it ever was, but I am the kind of guy that likes to give second chances and/or the benefit of the doubt. So please, if possible, let's keep the anti-Legendary posts in the appropriate thread....which means elsewhere.

That being said, my question is about alterations and restoration. I feel like I got a hell of a deal buying this card at $18K. Does anyone think it is possible to hire out a restorer for a few grand to return this card to its previous "Very Good" condition? A PSA 3 Plank is worth around $75K, so any restoration that could guarantee a straight grade of any sort from PSA seems like it would be worthwhile. I was going to inquire to Joe Orlando if he could recommend somebody that could guarantee a complete restoration...

Thoughts?