View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 06:51 AM
Bill Gregory

Hell yes, I care. It's Major League Baseball. And while all the off-the-field stuff baffles me (millionaires and billionaires not able to sit down, and reach a compromise on how much richer they will all be, while the average American worries if the cost of a treatment for a virus will bankrupt them), and angers me, it's still baseball. I love the sport. I wish it were 162 games being played while our country was not divided, with people suffering and dying. With brutality against individuals because of their skin color on full display. That's not our reality, right now, and it may not be for a while.

We need to try and find anything we can that makes life better, even if it's just a few hours a week. Baseball will serve as a welcome respite from the suffering. If I can turn on a game, and not think about the negatives for a few hours, I'll find a little peace. Next Wednesday, I'll sign up for MLB.tv, and get ready for opening day.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.