View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 01:17 PM

Default Any way to find out RBIs per PA for a player?

This is going to be a weird question or perhaps an odd way of going about it. There is a baseball set released in 2017 called Honus Bonus that has a large amount of 1/1 cards per player per a specific stat. Most of the sets are pretty straight forward, for example There are 240 1/1s for each of Matt Kemp's 240 HRs up until 2016.

There are three sets where RBIs are the stat that is tracked and they are for Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and Miguel Cabrera. The official info from HBP is that there are 1180 cards for the Miguel Cabrera RBI set, which is less than the 1553 RBI on the stats on the back. This means that there are "combined stat" cards in these sets for RBI players, as evidenced by the fact that I bought a Cabrera which showcases RBIs 610-611-612 from a 3-run HR he hit off Alan Embree on August 9, 2008.

The problem now is that the checklist cannot be 1-1180 and instead has these combined stat cards in between. Presuming it would be possible to find a per-plate appearance RBI log for a player, a checklist could likely be determined... BUT this is what I do not know how to find. There doesn't seem to be a way to see this type of thing on Baseball-Reference.

If anyone has any idea of how to look up the per-plate appearance RBI log for these players up until 2016 it would help.

And I am under the impression that these RBI sets would have a card highlighting the non-hit possibilities of generating an RBI...

Last edited by Tripredacus; 09-30-2021 at 01:18 PM.