View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

This is the array I have worked up for the stamps, which you can correlate to John's two color partials (his top one is the bottom part of the sheet and eliminate the left columns on each). The REA B&W sheet above has variance in the array beyond the normal Topps method of replicating rows - some cards are randomly placed and there is at least one quadruple print-I have not yet figured out the whole B&W sheet and won't have a chance for a while. The full color sheet is intriguing but much more normalized; I am not yet convinced Topps only used two sheets for each print run like they normally did for the baseball cards-it may have been more in 1955, which is also the first year of 110 card sheets. Players in red are unconfirmed; I have included Aaron as confirmed as two separate sources indicate it exists. You will note each row and column has at least one confirmed stamp in it, which leads me to belive the unconfirmed stamps should have been printed.

The size of this array roughly matches that of a 1955 Rails & Sails uncut stamp sheet as well-that one had a lot of partials but I am not sure if the baseball stamps have any known partials.

Rails & Sails stamp sheet is discussed here: http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/se...Sails%20Stamps

Last edited by toppcat; 06-21-2012 at 03:07 PM.