Thread: so there I am
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Dynarl Broughman

I worked for a Road Commission for 28 years the last 9 was supervisor. I had a crew replacing a culvert that was bad. A lady in a van went past two men working signs, around a road closed ahead sign, the road closed sign, past two trucks with flashing lights and by a Gradal that was digging out the old culvert and ended up in the hole that was dug. Luck was with us knowone got hurt. A couple years later my boss called me and wanted to know why my crew wasn't at the job site. I was ready for him to give me a hard time when I told him we had a problem and wouldn't be there tell the next day. He said good and I should come over to the site. When I got there a Semi had went through several road closed signs with flashing lights and jumped the bridge we were going to replace knocking all his axels off the truck and landing on the other side. I ask where the driver was and they told me he was on his way to jail but was so high they didn't think he knew what was going on. Thank God we were a day behind. My crew would have been in his path

Last edited by D. Broughman; 05-14-2011 at 03:40 PM.