View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 04:31 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Down to 2 more items I need to pick up, after this recent grab off Ebay.

-1961 Mickey Mantle-

Full disclosure, this 1961 isn't my favorite card of his. But when I saw it, I knew I could get it for a good price, and I was looking for yet another Mick that wasn't a "field of red".
So many of his cards had a ton of the color red in his images, I've been trying to pick up some that aren't so "red heavy" so it would look better in my display.
The centering is right in the sweet spot for me (for this anyway). Not perfect, with the obvious top-to-bottom difference.
When I took this picture, I angled the card a little to keep the glare down off the card saver.
Its a much more presentable card than this cellphone picture leads you to believe.

I have one incoming in the next day or two, and it comes straight from the board member "Dboneesq". Thanks again for the deal.

Its a '69 that is essentially perfect for what I am doing.
Can't wait to get this finished and framed, and the finish line is very close.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-30-2019 at 04:34 PM.