View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 01:36 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Well this project certainly turned out to be tougher to finish than anticipated.

Tack on a few extra months because of a small, barely noticeable worldwide pandemic........
I just happened to slip by my frame shop, and lo and behold he was open. (Most everything around here has been closed, businesses such as this anyway)

There are a couple tiny things I am not "100%" on, but nothing major.

Overall, definitely pleased by the look, but sadly these phone pics don't quite do it justice. I will likely try and get some better pics in the next day or two, but for now these will have to suffice.

This was a very enjoyable one to complete, although several issues got in the way and drastically held up progress.
Overall I'm satisfied. My own OCD tendencies aside, these cards aren't minty fresh, but that was never the plan anyway.
In many ways I wanted a slightly more worn "vintage" look, but the extremely clean green popped the colors off the cards so well, (when I was considering colors) I went ahead with this layout anyway.
My shop was able to keep the signed index card intact in its slab too, mounted flush, and I was extremely happy with that.
(Not that I plan on reselling, but I DID want to keep that signed card in its slab)

As I alluded to several times in this thread, I know not everyone would choose the issues I did.
But I had different reasons for each, and I ultimately added in a couple of cards late in the game, that I hadn't planned getting early on.

This one has turned out so well, I am debating on starting another.
OR , I may just go back to my occasional "I like that so I'll pick it up" collecting routine.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 05-29-2020 at 01:37 PM.